Birds of Peace
October 2nd – November 11th 2017
Erewash Museum, High Street, Ilkeston, DE7 5JA
Opening times: Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat 10am – 4pm
Be part of this exhibition in the War Gallery at Erewash Museum, by bringing your wishes and reflections for remembrance and peace and adding them to the Erewash Peace Dove. The dove will be installed in the War Gallery, and your words will become the feathers that help it take flight.
You can also come and make a Japanese origami paper crane to add to our ‘senbazuru’ – a display of 1000 cranes – which we are creating to make a peace wish from Erewash for the world.
How to take part
· Feathers for Peace Dove messages, and crane paper and instructions will be available at Erewash Museum.
· The activity is self-led.
· Everyone is welcome to take part when they visit Erewash Museum.
· Group visits are very welcome, but please book your slot in advance to avoid overcrowding. Tel: 0115 907 1141
· You are welcome to make your own cranes in advance and bring them to the museum to be added to the senbazuru.
For more information contact:
Tel: 0115 907 2244 ex 4604